89% [ 8 ]
No
11%
 11% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage
WarWhark
Regular

PostSubject: -Minecraft FTB- Getting rid of GregTech   Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:03 pm

I enjoy playing on the FTB server, as well as most of superior. But there is an issue in our current version that is preventing full enjoyment of the game: GregTech.

-What is GregTech?
GregTech is a mod in the Mindcrack pack that makes Industrialcraft 2 and Buildcraft 2 more complex. Sounds good, until you start facing the issues.
-Why It needs to be removed.
-Non-newb friendly.
Many of us, including me, are new to FTB. Regular IC2 is hard as is, and adding so many requirements to an already complex and possibly confusing mod will make more people turn up their nose.
-Annoyance and aggravation.
Finally completing something is a rewarding aspect of FTB. But you keep needing more parts to build. Lets use this example: The Water Mill.
The Water mill produces a small amount of power when exposed to water. In IC2 regular, you need a generator, 4 sticks and 4 planks of wood for 2. Considering they produce jack-all power, this is worth the price.
In Gregtech, you need aluminium. Not regular, mined from the ground aluminium, but a special kind which requires macerated bauxite ore, placed in an electrolizer. An electrolizer is a magnet and a compresser combined, along with several AND gates and Advanced electronic circuits. And don't forget, to get the macerated bauxite in the first place, you need a macerator, which is 3 diamonds, plus pulsating chipsets, which you get by building an assembly table, which needs one diamond and obsidian (which means 3 diamonds for a pickax to mine obsidian), And a laser to power it, which is 2 more diamonds and more obsidian.
All this for 2 water mills. With jack-all power.
First of all, learning this as a newby is going to be a pain. second, although you don't need to do half the steps the second time, you still have all these things to remember and spend. Many hours minding or diamond, obsidian, and other resources.

:TL, DR:

GregTech is an Addon for IC2 and BC2 that complicates things. Me and several other people are fed up of having to go through 25 steps to get a water mill.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spygame312
Top Contributor

PostSubject: Re: -Minecraft FTB- Getting rid of GregTech   Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:26 pm

Just read the fourth sentence and said " SAY NO MORE +SUPPORT"

Last edited by Spygame312 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arkanon Leyan
Gold Member

PostSubject: Re: -Minecraft FTB- Getting rid of GregTech   Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:31 pm

So how would you remove it if it is part of the modpack?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Snow #FREEJEEVES/SHMOOPY
Gold Member

PostSubject: Re: -Minecraft FTB- Getting rid of GregTech   Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:33 pm

Arkanon the Guardian wrote:
So how would you remove it if it is part of the modpack?
I don't think there is a possible way, but if there were to be so, then I'd guess they'd have to delete the mod then reconfigure some of the stuff.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thebest404pageever.com/swf/snap_your_shit.swf
WarWhark
Regular

PostSubject: Re: -Minecraft FTB- Getting rid of GregTech   Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:20 am

I think we will be able to keep the map Ark. Not too sure though.
GT mostly adds things to recipies/items. Not that many structures so to think...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BChart2
Trusted Administrator
Trusted Administrator

PostSubject: Re: -Minecraft FTB- Getting rid of GregTech   Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:13 pm

It's in the config files. I can send a copy of the config to whoever is hosting the server. It doesn't get rid of gregtech, but it returns all the recipes to normal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://5z8.info/warez_x3e9kt_enriched-uranium-supply
thathaway99

PostSubject: Re: -Minecraft FTB- Getting rid of GregTech   Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:51 pm

Could you possibly send me the config? My friends and I are sick and tired of how many expensive materials are needed to make things.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arkanon Leyan
Gold Member

PostSubject: Re: -Minecraft FTB- Getting rid of GregTech   Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:14 pm

thathaway99 wrote:
Could you possibly send me the config? My friends and I are sick and tired of how many expensive materials are needed to make things.

Dat Necro.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yomiel
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: -Minecraft FTB- Getting rid of GregTech   Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:16 pm

I had no idea people used that server... wow. Why are none of the Minecrafters on the forum?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arkanon Leyan
Gold Member

PostSubject: Re: -Minecraft FTB- Getting rid of GregTech   Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:19 pm

Arrandale wrote:
I had no idea people used that server... wow. Why are none of the Minecrafters on the forum?

People haven't used the server in a long time. Someone just decided to necro the thread.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dat Froach
Gold Member

PostSubject: Re: -Minecraft FTB- Getting rid of GregTech   Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:27 pm

Arrandale wrote:
silly
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HeavyChickenGuy
Dev Team
Dev Team

PostSubject: Re: -Minecraft FTB- Getting rid of GregTech   Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:33 pm

Arrandale wrote:
why dont you just turn it into a survival bukkit server I can help with that if you want
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.twitch.tv/thirdhero
Itachi
Platinum Member

PostSubject: Re: -Minecraft FTB- Getting rid of GregTech   Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:34 pm

Went on it.
Sucked.
Died.
Went back to gmod.
Revived.
/RequestSaxophone
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1kApnsayeQ
TeddyHunter
Gold Member

PostSubject: Re: -Minecraft FTB- Getting rid of GregTech   Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:57 am

Arrandale wrote:
I am possibly the biggest "Minecrafter" here... but I hate FTB so I deny to use it. So sad Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://anonymousaudio.com/
Yomiel
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: -Minecraft FTB- Getting rid of GregTech   Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:22 pm

Well in that case... It should be keeled.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

-Minecraft FTB- Getting rid of GregTech

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next